Strong Defense Against Drug Charges
Cases involving drug charges can vary greatly in circumstances and complexity. Whether you are facing misdemeanor drug possession charges or felony drug trafficking charges; The Law Firm of Michael S. Berardino, formerly Mangialardi & Berardino, will provide the high-caliber legal representation you need throughout the course of your case.
In every drug-related case, there are numerous issues that must be thoroughly investigated and examined. Often, through this discovery process, evidence is uncovered that is beneficial to your case. Common questions that arise in drug cases and that must be conclusively answered include:
- How was the drug evidence discovered? — The Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution protects against unlawful search and seizure. Evidence that is discovered through unlawful means, cannot be used against you in a criminal case.
- Was the drug or substance illegal? — Were the appropriate tests performed in a licensed facility to determine the chemical makeup of the drug or substance?
- How was evidence transported, labeled and stored? — If there is any question that procedural evidentiary laws were violated, evidence can be challenged.
- Did you know that the drug or substance was illegal? — Did you believe that the drugs or substance was something else?
- Did you know you were in possession of the drug or substance? — Did the drugs or substance belong to someone else? Were they left in your car or home by someone else?
Experience Matters In Criminal Drug Cases
If you are facing drug possession or trafficking charges, the criminal defense attorney you choose can greatly affect the outcome of your case and your future. With more than 34 years of legal experience as both a prosecutor and defense attorney, I have the knowledge and skills to successfully defend against the most serious and complex drug cases.
Call a lawyer at our law firm at our New York City office at our Westchester County office at 914-618-4167. You can also call us toll free at 877-776-5584 or contact us online. If you are facing drug charges or any other type of criminal charges, the sooner you call an attorney, the more prepared you will be as your case moves forward.