Revise to include information about certain violation points and omit links to the Traffic Violations Points page we are deleting.
New York City Traffic Violation Attorney
Traffic violations are a large source of funds for New York City and the state of New York. As a result, many people — especially truck drivers — are freely pulled over by the police and given multiple tickets that can add up to an onerous amount. To protect your bank account, and your ability to drive in New York state, it is important to hire an experienced lawyer as soon as possible. I can help you navigate these troublesome legal matters.
At The Law Firm of Michael S. Berardino, formerly Mangialardi & Berardino, I believe in aggressively defending my clients by using all of the legal tools at our disposal. I defend people throughout the New York City metropolitan area charged with all types of moving violations, including:
- Speeding tickets — depending on the recorded speed, 3-11 points
- Passing a stopped school bus — 5 points
- Reckless driving — 5 points
- Improper cellphone use — 5 points
- Following another vehicle too closely — 4 points
- Leaving the scene of a fatal or personal injury accident — 3 points
- Failure to obey a traffic control device — 3 points
Additionally, we defend drivers who are facing fines and penalties associated with other traffic violations, including:
- Vehicular assault and vehicular homicide
- Failure to properly register your vehicle
- Driving with a suspended or revoked license
- Driving with no insurance or lapsed insurance
- DWI or drugged driving charges
Any traffic violation that results in the loss of points from your driver’s license can lead to the revocation of your New York driver’s license, or the revocation of state driving privileges. Your New York driver’s license will be revoked for six months under any of the following circumstances:
- Three speeding or misdemeanor traffic violations within 18 months
- Loss of 11 points from any combination of traffic violations within 18 months
- Leaving the scene of a fatal or personal injury accident
Commercial Traffic Violations
When truck drivers are stopped by police in New York, they often face multiple traffic violations, including commercial moving vehicle violations such as:
- Driving without a highway use permit
- Overweight vehicles
- Improper passing
- Failure to stop at a railroad crossing
Fines from multiple commercial violations can easily amount to $10,000 or more. However, with commercial traffic violations, I am often successful in obtaining corporate substitution, which means the company is issued the ticket, not the driver. If commercial substitution is permitted, the truck driver will not lose points on his or her commercial driver’s license.
If you have been charged with a traffic violation in the New York City area, contact The Law Firm of Michael S. Berardino, formerly Mangialardi & Berardino, as soon as possible locally at or 914-618-4167, or toll free at 877-776-5584. I believe in defending your rights and your freedom.